Job openings will appear here and on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. You must register/log-in to submit a job posting. All posts require approval before being published.
Seeking aggressive and dynamic mobile journalist
The Herald & Review in Decatur, Illinois, has an exciting opportunity for an enterprising newshound who enjoys a fast-paced environment. We’re hiring a mobile journalist to aggressively report on breaking news, public safety and other topics relevant to our audience.
This position requires:
* Reporting and writing with speed, accuracy and creativity, and the news judgment to determine what will move the bar for our growing digital audience
* A deeply competitive spirit to break news first and best, using every newsgathering tool at our disposal
* The flexibility to switch gears quickly, from covering a snowstorm to responding to a fire to chasing down state lawmakers for a reaction piece
* Strong knowledge about content management systems, especially regarding multimedia and other assets, and the ability to meet our expectation on building packages that increase engagement and recirculation
* Consistent use of social media, photo, video and other digital tools in creative ways to grow the brand
* A watchdog spirit and solid news judgment to spot trends worthy of deeper dives
Decatur is in Central Illinois, about three hours from St. Louis and Chicago. We have a beautiful lake, downtown restaurants and affordable living. Best of all for our next mobile journalist, we have a news market that produces good stories that make for good journalism. If you’re someone who can help us push hard, let’s talk.
Apply at http://www.lee.net/careers/
The Herald & Review and Lee Enterprises Inc. are equal opportunity employers.